Thursday, January 5, 2012

Let's get criminal, criminal / I wanna get criminaaaaaaal

Yeah I know. Big dork. But check out how that song's gotten stuck in your head now for the rest of the afternoon. Mm-hm. These things happen.



Super excited to be participating in Criminal Plots II, a reading challenge over at Jen's Book Thoughts. Despite the fact that I read 119 books last year* I rarely sign up for challenges because I read in all kinds of different genres and am easily distracted. But this, this is surely doable even for me.

The rules are simple: read six books this year that correspond to:

1. Novel with a weapon in the title;

2. Book published at least 10 years ago;

3. Book written by an author from the state/province/etc. where you live;

4. Book written by an author using a pen name;

5. Crime novel whose protagonist is the opposite gender of the author;

6. A stand-alone novel written by an author who writes at least one series.

I can do this!

In fact, I've already got the first three picked out:

1. Novel with a weapon in the title:




2. Book published at least 10 years ago:



(published in 1998, which is apparently more than 10 years ago although HOLY COW, REALLY??)

3. A stand-alone novel written by an author who writes at least one series:



Although I'm not sure if that last one counts; I love Elaine Viets' Francesca Vierling series, and as far as I can tell, this Josie Marcus entry, while being part of a different series, appears to be her only foodie mystery, so for me, it's a standalone. (Does that make sense? Discuss.)

I'll have to give that last one some thought. Culinary mysteries do have a tendency to appear as series, so it's not inconceivable that this is as standalone as I can manage. Either way though, I've been looking forward to this Viets book for quite some time, so I might have to devour it first. Nom nom nom.

Anyone else up for joining Jen's challenge?





*My GoodReads goal was 120. Missed it, by that much ][

No comments:

Post a Comment